PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting a Force worthy of H4H

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
daveclark890
daveclark890

Getting a Force worthy of H4H Empty
PostSubject: Getting a Force worthy of H4H   Getting a Force worthy of H4H EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:49 am

I love my crons to bits but I just dont feel that they are really going to work the way I want them to. I am too much of a blood thirsty git to sit back and shoot at stuff.

So the BOYs are coming back out and this time they are getting a spangly paint job and a lot of table time (guys at the club need to tuffen up and bring it on cos when we go to this tournie I want to know my army inside out upside down and back to front.

So over the next 5 months I plan to paint 65 boys, 16 bikes, 2 trukks, a kopta, a battle wagon, and a dred.

I plan to keep a record on here of how they have done in games and how I am getting on with painting them. I will also stick up some photos at various points.

Guys at the club... Please please do the following for me:

1) Pester me about painting the boys ( I am looking at getting 5-10 things done a week)
2) I am looking at playing the best armies you guys can put out (I even want to play loads against Henry)

So to start with:

Last night I built a battle wagon. Today I sorted my army cases out so they are now empty of crons and filled with DA BOYS. I also undercoated/base coated them with brown.

They are going to be a Free Booter tribe so no silly yellow or blue paint going on these boys! They are a mobile force and also mek orientated.

Obviously the Big Boss is Klawgut Irontoof and he willl have his Toof Lords with him.
Back to top Go down
daveclark890
daveclark890

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Force worthy of H4H   Getting a Force worthy of H4H EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:11 am

Well I have started work on the boys. Got the metal painted on 3 Nobs and 3 Big Shoota boys from the boys mobs this evening. Will look at doing the metal on the boys and then spraying them with dev mud before doing the green bits.

Hopefully this week coming I will get a game after having to move the club last Thursday.
Back to top Go down
daveclark890
daveclark890

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Force worthy of H4H   Getting a Force worthy of H4H EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:01 am

Well I got another load of stuff painted this evening. The metal on 10 grots and 2 runt herds is now based.

That leaves me with 10 grots, 37 boys and then the vehicles.

Looking forward to getting some table time in the club this week and seeing how the army gels in the face of some opposition.
Back to top Go down
coleymonster

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Force worthy of H4H   Getting a Force worthy of H4H EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:24 am

Any chance of getting some pics up?
Back to top Go down
daveclark890
daveclark890

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Force worthy of H4H   Getting a Force worthy of H4H EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 6:44 am

Pics will be up some time soon. Just waiting for a decent day when my head is not up my bum and its not dark.

I am hoping to get some pics of in game as well as them on display.
Back to top Go down
coleymonster

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Force worthy of H4H   Getting a Force worthy of H4H EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:30 am

Sweet, im looking forward to seeing the clan coming together
Back to top Go down
daveclark890
daveclark890

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Force worthy of H4H   Getting a Force worthy of H4H EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:33 am

Then you need to give me some advanced warning of your impending arrival in this neck of the woods for a game! Then you can see them in person!

Here are a few pics:

The Clan

Klawgut Da Boss

A trukk mob and da dred

The Mek and his ride
Back to top Go down
coleymonster

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Force worthy of H4H   Getting a Force worthy of H4H EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:42 am

Yeah ill make sure ill give you some more notice. As for the pics - looking good, cant wait to see what they look like painted. Just gotta hope that when the Armageddon Strike Force meets WAAAGH!!! Klawgut, my aim holds true and the DKoK dont falter!
Back to top Go down
daveclark890
daveclark890

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Force worthy of H4H   Getting a Force worthy of H4H EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:09 am

Henry and I played 3 turns of a guided game and it was a little hit and miss. I found some things useful and other bits not so much.

It will be interesting next week to fly free and follow my own plan.

Away from home this weekend so painting is not going on til i get home again.

I am about half way through Helsreach at the minute. Not much ork action going on but plenty of marine and guard waiting to be butchered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Force worthy of H4H   Getting a Force worthy of H4H Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting a Force worthy of H4H
Page 1 of 1